ER 101 GreenMind: Raising Environmental Awareness in Estonian-Russian Border Area
Funder: Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme
Total amount of the project is 495 440 euros. The amount of the support of the Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 is 445 896 euros.
August 2019 - January 2022, 30 months
Lake Peipsi Project - lead partner (RUS)
Псковский областной центр развития одаренных детей и юношества (RUS)
Peipsi Center for Transboundary Cooperation (EST)
Tartu Environmentl Education Center (EST)
The project aims to contribute to increasing of public green minding for the creation of environmentally-oriented, energy-efficient and attractive living conditions and recreation in the transboundary Peipsi/ Chudskoye region. The project capitalizes environmental knowledge and environmental awareness practices in the Programme area develops practical methodological tool-kits for the long-run, educates a substantial number of existing and future environmental education practitioners to work with the project products, and facilitates the establishment of a wider societal context that will secure the sustainability of the project results.
The GreenMind addresses issues of environment protection and sustainable use of natural resources in the transboundary Peipsi/Chudskoye Lake area, through the introduction of intensive environmental awareness and educational measures covering such topics as eutrophication, waste management, and energy efficiency. Project activities are:
- Public events and environmental campaigns will be held.
- Educators, children will be trained for multiplying knowledge.
- Students and families will be involved in green minding process within 2 project contests of social eco-advertisements and “Eco-family”.
- Outdoor public events' organizers will be trained to organize eco-friendly activities.
- Program area residents will take a personal and active part in the campaigns.
- Residents will be informed about the environmental issues raised by the project.
- Organizations (cafés, supermarkets, petrol stations) will join eco-campaigns and start introducing eco-friendly initiatives.
News and press releases of the project:Events of the project:
- Parters meeting in Tartu
Programmi home page: https://www.estoniarussia.eu
EU regional and urban development Directorate General
Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
Ministry of Finance of Estonia https://www.rahandusministeerium.ee/et/interreg