Empowerment of European Citizens for Action through Education on Biodiversity
Erasmus +; KA204-EBA5E1FF
November 2019 - October 2021
Partners from Estonia, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Austria; lead partner- Global Nature Fund, Germany
The aim of the project is to raise awareness for biodiversity in European countries.
In order to put in action more comprehensive pedagogical practices on biodiversity Citizens need to find themselves at the heart of the debate, to become actors of change and be emotionally linked to the issue. They need to understand how the behavior of a single individual in everyday life is strictly connected to biodiversity loss; this process will help to show options for acting. Education is a long-term project, and of course, this project can be based on decades of experience in many EU MS.
What we want to provide is a synthesis of experiences from experts in several EU states to produce comprehensive educational material on biodiversity.
- Assessment of the training needs of citizens, their understanding of the topic biodiversity; the assessment of the pedagogical offer of available initiatives/tools for biodiversity.
- Pedagogical program setting & best practice exchange: Development of a programme covering 6 educational “focus areas” on biodiversity with regard to implementation in the everyday life.
- Development of innovative pedagogical material and accompanying guide: Creation of a set of pedagogical materials taking into account current needs and developments in education on biodiversity: 30 tools in 5 “focus areas”. An accompanying guide will be provided to facilitate the use of the material. All tools will be tested within the frame of special events to collect feedback from both trainers and citizens.
- Development of a set of pedagogical communication tools: It will include interactive educational posters, thematic video, webinar structure etc. for separate presentations of the theme as well as pedagogical materials, in particular for trainers and stakeholders working/planning to work on biodiver
- kick off meeting in Berlin, November 2019
The European Commission’s support for the production of this website does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
The Erasmus+ programme of the European Union enables adult educators to develop innovative material together, share its didactical competencies, make learning experiences abroad and create European networks. For more info see the website of the National Agency in your country, https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/contact/national-agencies_en