CuNaHe: Improved network of formal and informal education institutes to support Cultural and Natural Heritage of the Lake Peipsi/Chudskoe-Pskovskoe region
Funder: Estonia – Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Total amount of the project is 164 763,00 euros. The amount of the support of the Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 is 148 286,70 euros.
Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 aims to foster crossborder cooperation across the borders between the Republic of Estonia and the Russian Federation to promote socio-economic development in the regions on both sides of the common borders. The Programme web-site is www.estoniarussia.eu.
Co-funding support by The Foundation Environmental Investments Centre
March 2019 - February 2021, 23 months
Peipsi Center for Transboundary Cooperation- lead partner
Project manager: Margit Säre; margitsare @ gmail.com
The project aims for the improvement of neighborly relations between Peipsi area formal and non-formal educational institutions, municipal organizations, also people to people personal contacts. We work for increased awareness of the cultural and natural heritage of the region on a wider level.
- Joint methodology development - educational programs in the field of joint natural and cultural heritage (Lake Peipsi environmental issues, cultures and languages around the lake);
- field of joint natural and cultural heritage: joint research works; outdoor program, summer and winter schools. Activities help also for Estonian and Russian language learning and practices; Interactive, innovative learning: joint programs for pupils in the
- Exchange of knowledge about neighbor state educational systems: study tours, meetings with other educational sector stakeholders.
- Improvement of technical possibilities to implement innovative digital learning in schools; set up of Science laboratories in schools.
- Awareness building of cultural and natural heritage of the region on a wider level: Lake Peipsi/Chudskoe heritage days, print of materials
News and press releases of the project:
- Press release of the project steering committee and kick-off meeting on 15.04.2019. EST, ENG, RUS
- Student art and creative work competition exhibition from 10th to 20th July 2020 (press release in Estonian).
- Article in newspaper, June 2020 "Räpina kooliõpilased uurisid distantsõppe projektinädalal Peipsimaa kultuuri- ja looduspärandit" .
An online quiz on ecosystem services in Estonian and Russian has been completed.
- Ecosystem Services Quiz pdf file in estonian. Download here pfd files EST, RUS.
Study tour of Räpina school near Lake Peipsi on 22.-23. February 2021.
- Project final seminar 3rd of March 2021._press-release
- Räpina Gymnasium: Irmen Nagelmaa, project
students' experiences: - Mikk Mälberg - Fishing on Lake Peipsi in history and today fishing regulations.
- Stefan Parimski - Large flora Räpina on the beach.
- Nina Yaroslavtseva – project coordinator
/Director of Pechory Secondary School nr 3.
- On-line quizz es as new method for increasing environmental awareness. Sergei Timofeev, communication coordinator of the project, NGO Lake Peipsi Project, Pskov
- A steering committee and kick-off meeting on 15.04.2019.
- Student art and creative work competition in May 2020 (news in Estonian)
- Student arti competition exhibition in Räpina port 10.-20 july 2020 (news in Estonian)
- Newsletter nr 1, September EST, RUS.
2, March 2020 EST, RUS.
- Newsletter 3, September 2020 EST, RUS.
Newsletter 4, Märts 2021 EST, RUS.
Programmi home page: https://www.estoniarussia.eu
EU regional and urban development Directorate General
Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
Ministry of Finance of Estonia https://www.rahandusministeerium.ee/et/interreg