During the MAMYFU project intensive week in Estonia participants main
task was to create environmental educational games as doing something for
someone is teaching also creators.
Why we need games? Did you know that play, generally, adds joy to the life, but specifically board game playing brings some unique health and life improving benefits to a person’s life. It’s not an activity that should be enjoyed once in a while when you get bored, for the best results it has to be a regular mission.
- Board game playing increases brain function brings laughter and decreases stress
- Board game playing creates more happiness
- It brings people closer and strengthens relationships
- It reminds what it’s like to live in a real world (kind of)
- Playing board game lowers blood pressure
- It teaches how to set goals and be patient
- Board games enhance creativity and self-confidence
There are many reasons for using games in education. A game satisfies learners’ curiosity and develops their imagination, increases motivation to participate and allows for active communication and so on. We are also learning more easily through the games. Thus is why during the MAMYFU intensive week in Estonia our participants created their own games to teach other the topic “My future, my planet“.
These games are made from young people other young people and children. What about games are? You can see the introduction video: https://youtu.be/Qpt1gXRKSXs
And how young people felt themselves during this creation process: https://youtu.be/y-VvEDuR9Ig