Building capacity to use role-play games in Peipsi Lake border region as a new tool for increasing the environmental awareness in education
Nordic Council of Ministers NGO Baltic Sea Region program
01.10.2019 - 31.08.2020
00372 56 636 264
- Peipsi Centre for Transboundary Cooperation, EE
- LajvVerkstaden Sverige economisk förening, SW
- NGO "Chudskoye Project"(Lake Peipsi Project, Pskov), RU
The aim of the project is to improve the tools in environmental education that help develop a gradually more environmentally sustainable society to stop climate change.
The main result of the project for the target group is the creation of a network for future cooperation to share experiences for use of role-play games in Estonia and in the Lake Peipsi border region. The practical result will be the report developed during the project. The report gives practical steps and actions to adapt LARP in environmental awareness education connected to the formal and nonformal curriculum in Estonia. Also, the idea to develop the environmental LARP portal will be presented in that report.
- To organize an international LARP seminar to exchange the experience on using practices and methods.
- Compile a report of LARP use in Nordic countries and recommendations to increase the capacity to use role-play games in Peipsi Lake border region in environmental awareness.
- To test the report idea, environmental LARPs will be tested at 2 Estonian and 2 Russian schools (all in Lake Peipsi region) Result.
- Study-visit to Sweden to introduce the LARP use informal and nonformal education.
- Promotion of LARP methodology, community strengthening and Facebook networking. Project website and videos will be created.
6th October 2019 Project working meeting to develop the report of practical steps and
- Testing NOA 2424 game at the Interesting School Conference 15.01.2020
- 31.01.2020 -International role-play game introducing seminar
- Noa 2424 game testing at Viimsi Gümnaasium 05.03.2020.
- "Päikesepunk" (solarpunk) game testing at Tallinna Larp Festivalili 07.03.2020
Noa 2424 game testing at Alatskivi school10.03.2020
- Article in the newspaper https://opleht.ee/…/rollimangud-koolitunnis-aitavad-integr…/
Plank Filmi made a video clip about larps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPJQ2mNKL68&feature=youtu.be (mai 2020).
- LARP game solarpunk shootings in Mustla June 2020
- Testing lapr game "Aasta ilma päikeseta" (a year without a sun" in Tartu 06.08.2020
08.08.2020 developed larp games presentation in the Tartu environmental festival.
- September 2020 - Veebinar: õppimine läbi rollimängu / webinar learning through role play game
1. webinar - What is edularp - https://youtu.be/J1VFiyTNbso
2. webinar - Game as a learning environment- https://youtu.be/_KYv7HfFxm4
3. webinar – How to organised a game - https://youtu.be/Ip8GGwEJ1jw
4. webinar – How to do preparations - https://youtu.be/jTZuWms1uqY
5. webinar – The influence of the game and debriefing - https://youtu.be/-UtQc4kPw_s
- Swedish partner LajvVerkstaden Sverige economisk förening video clip about role play games and environmental protection.
- Solarpunk/Päikesepunk video clip