Now is the Time
Cintent: educational role play game
Creators: Lea Pullerits, Ederi Ojasoo, Mailin Eessalu, Martin Kirotar
Nordic Council of Ministers and co-financed the Central Baltic Program.
There is a future - our planet in 303 years, in 2424. The situation on Earth is poor due to climate change, many species have already become extinct and humanity is looking for a new home on Mars. The spacecraft NOA is about to take off for Mars - Now is the Time, which can bring with it a limited number of species and resources. Different groups - food producers, scientists, government, giants (corporations) and cultural figures - need to agree on which species and stocks to bring. What choices do you make?
Target group: 4th-6th
Number of players: 9-30 (3-6 groups)
- Species diversity and species conservation
- Allocation and interdependence of resources
- Food independence
- Social inequality
- A classroom where
each group can sit together around a table and move around easily.
- Game materials (official or self-printed): role, character and group maps, resource maps, global event maps, spaceship diagram.
- Projector if desired
- NOA 2424 scenariou
- Descriptions of the groups
- Resources cards
- Resources cards distribution
- NOA 2424 presentation
Peipsi Koostöö Keskus
Mängu testimine Viimis Gümnaasiumis 05.03.2020