ER 101 GreenMind: Raising Environmental Awareness in Estonian-Russian Border Area
Funder: Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme
Total amount of the project is 495 440 euros. The amount of the support of the Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 is 445 896 euros.
August 2019 - January 2022, 30 months
Lake Peipsi Project - lead partner (RUS)
Псковский областной центр развития одаренных детей и юношества (RUS)
Peipsi Center for Transboundary Cooperation (EST)
Tartu Environmentl Education Center (EST)
The project aims to contribute to increasing of public green minding for the creation of environmentally-oriented, energy-efficient and attractive living conditions and recreation in the transboundary Peipsi/ Chudskoye region. The project capitalizes environmental knowledge and environmental awareness practices in the Programme area develops practical methodological tool-kits for the long-run, educates a substantial number of existing and future environmental education practitioners to work with the project products, and facilitates the establishment of a wider societal context that will secure the sustainability of the project results.
The GreenMind addresses issues of environment protection and sustainable use of natural resources in the transboundary Peipsi/Chudskoye Lake area, through the introduction of intensive environmental awareness and educational measures covering such topics as eutrophication, waste management, and energy efficiency. Project activities are:
- Public events and environmental campaigns will be held.
- Educators, children will be trained for multiplying knowledge.
- Students and families will be involved in the green minding process within 2 project contests of social eco-advertisements and “Eco-family”.
- Outdoor public events organizers will be trained to organize eco-friendly activities.
- Program area residents will take a personal and active part in the campaigns.
- Residents will be informed about the environmental issues raised by the project.
- Organizations (cafés, supermarkets, petrol stations) will join eco-campaigns and start introducing eco-friendly initiatives.
News and press releases of the project:Events of the project:
- Parters meeting in Tartu
- Eco-social advertisement contest 2020.
- The webquiz about Lake Peipsi is ready. Peipsi järve elurikkust tutvustav veebiviktoriin. seinakalender.
- Wall calendar of the Green Mind project.
Organizations (cafes, supermarkets, petrol stations) will be involved in eco-campaigns to increase the implementation of environmentally friendly initiatives.
- Green Mind project eco sketches video is ready "What is a social advertisement?".
- Green Mind project eco sketches results
Green Mind project eco sketches Awarding/noticing event of the GreenMind contest on 22th May in Varnja.
- May 2021 - posters for advertising on Lake Peipsi environment were completed.
The green summer campaign!
(announcement in Estonian)
Tartu Nature House and MTÜ Peipsi Koostöö Keskus invite all people to take an active part in our campaign and give it a boost. How exactly? You can research www.tartuloodusmaja.ee/peastroheline. The duration of the campaign is 29.07 - 31.08.2021.
- Green Mind seminar 14.12.2021
GreenMind video about the lake Peipsi environmental situation and question sheets.
Webquiz about the lake Peipsi environmetal situation
Quiz questions / quiz answers
- Video about the environmental status of
Videos in different languages: EST, ENG, RUS
Worksheets: EST, ENG, RUS
Answers to the worksheets: EST, ENG, RUS
- A seminar “Environmental Education teaching materials and tools " on March.
21.04.2022 project closing event in Tartu Nature House.
- Project activities summary (EST)
- A GreenMind project spring school was organised on 27th to 29th May 2022. By Peipsi Co-operation Center an orientation game around the Tartu Nature House was organised and in the classroom some improvisations gamse in the topic of the forest life were played.
Külli Annamaa's video lecture about Peipsi onion was completed.
Külli Annamaa from the Estonian Institute of Plant Breeding, the head of the gene bank, talked about what is a Peipsi onion.
- On May 23, GreenMind took a study trip to Alutaguse National Park and the northern coast of Lake Peipsi.
A video about Peipsi onion! It is a regional onion that has become a legacy variety. We went around Lake Peipsi to find out what the locals were saying about it.
Video links: EST: ENG
- A video about climate change in Lake Peipsi
- Partners meeting in Tartu on 30.08.2019. '
- Educators from the Pskov region in the GreenMind project study trip in Estonia
25-27. November 2019.
- Project team meeting in Tartu on 25.11.2019.
- Project steering committee meeting in Tartu on 26.11.2019
- Project team meeting and environmental education round table in Pskov on 19.12.2019
- Project team e-meeting in Zoom 10.06.2020
- Meeting of the Estonian members of the project steering committee in Southern Estonia 3.07.2020
- Educators of the Pskov region on a study trip to Estonia 25-27.11.2019
Green Mind seminar 14.12.2021
- Seminar “Environmental educational teaching materials and tools” at Tartu Nature House., march 2nd 2022.
Programmi home page: https://www.estoniarussia.eu
EU regional and urban development Directorate General
Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
Ministry of Finance of Estonia https://www.rahandusministeerium.ee/et/interreg